General Rules Jan 4, 2019 1:59:25 GMT
Post by SG on Jan 4, 2019 1:59:25 GMT
I - BASIC RULES
- RESPECT OTHERS - Treat everyone on the forum with respect. We will not tolerate any form of discrimination against any race, religion, gender, orinetation, etc. This includes microaggressions and the like. For instance, things like "I don't see why that character needed to be trans" or "but why is there no Straight Pride?" will be considered disrespectful. Be aware of any privileges you may have and be mindful of the feelings of others. And remember that even if you as a minority don't have a problem with a "joke", it doesn't mean no one else would find it hurtful. If you have any problems with other members, please bring it to staff.
- RESPECT STAFF - Staff work hard to bring you all a fun experience, so please be respectful of their decisions and accommodating if Staff ask something of you. If we say, "Hey, [member] doesn't like it when you [x]. Can you try to avoid that?" you are free to calmly explain yourself, but chances are we've already considered the situation carefully, so please do your best to comply rather than continuously argue. If you disagree with a site direction, feel free to bring it up and know we will listen for the future, but don't expect immediate reversal of past decisions.
- AVOID DRAMA - Keep IC and OOC separate, unless you can mutually agree to take out frustrations through IC as a healthy form of venting, of course. Short of that, don't let OOC disagreements bleed into IC, and don't hold OOC grudges over IC events.
- KEEP IT PG-13 - Proboards TOS prohibits explicitly mature content. Innuendo and dirty jokes are fine, a little blood is fine, etc, but avoid explicit content, gore, and the like.
- NO ADS OUTSIDE THE AD BOARD - This includes talking excessively about other boards in the Discord, etc.